- Second Sunday of Lent February 28, 2021Reading I Gn 22:1-2, 9a, 10-13, 15-18 God put Abraham to the test. He called to him, “Abraham!” “Here I am!” he replied. Then God said: “Take your son Isaac, your only one, whom you love, and go to the land of Moriah. There you shall offer him up as a holocaust on a height […]USCCB
- Second Sunday of Lent February 28, 2021
- Saint of the Day (July 17, 2010) - St. Francis Solano July 18, 2010'It is true, I am going to heaven but this is so because of the merits of the passion and death of Christ; I am the greatest of sinners. When I reach our homeland, I will be your good friend' July 17, 2010 St. Francis Solano (1549-1610) Francis came from a leading family in Andalusia, […]Saint of the Day
- Saint of the Day (July 17, 2010) - St. Francis Solano July 18, 2010
- Pope appeals for release of 317 schoolgirls kidnapped in Nigeria February 28, 2021Pope Francis joins the Bishops of Nigeria in appealing for the release of 317 schoolgirls who were abducted in northwest Nigeria on Friday.
- Pope Francis prays for people suffering from rare diseases February 28, 2021On World Rare Diseases Day, Pope Francis recalls medical researchers and people suffering from rare diseases, as Cardinal Peter Turkson urges policymakers to guarantee their right to healthcare.
- US, Mexico ramp up meetings to improve bilateral relations February 28, 2021The leaders of Mexico and the United States are seeking to kick off a new era in bilateral relations, with several high-profile meetings being held around the weekend to discuss topics related to migration.
- Pope appeals for release of 317 schoolgirls kidnapped in Nigeria February 28, 2021
On Tuesday, March 2, at noon, The Most Rev. Joel M. Konzen, S.M., will be celebrating a Memorial Mass at the Chancery. This Mass will be streamed live on the Archdiocese of Atlanta Livestream, livestream.com/archatl, and Facebook, facebook.com/archatl, pages. This Memorial Mass is for all of those who have died during these past twelve months. This will be a time for us to pause and be mindful of not only the deaths of those affected by COVID-19 but all others who have passed from this life to the next. As we gather for this Mass let us also lift up in prayer the … Continue reading
Worship Aid link for this week’s Mass (updated 2/28/2021) We are pleased to provide you with worship aids to use during Masses. Please print at home and bring it with you for use during Mass. We kindly ask that you take your copies with you when you exit the church so we can continue offering these aids.
We will be sending all of the Archbishop’s Annual Appeal envelopes received by this weekend (Feb. 27-28) as a bundle to the archdiocese on Monday, March 1. Please drop your sealed envelopes into the collection basket this weekend, (Feb. 27-28), or drop into the drop box at the office window if no one is in the office. Every donation helps us to reach our goal. The 2021 Archbishop’s Annual Appeal donations are accepted online through December 31, 2021. Visit www.archatl.com/appeal to make a pledge or one-time gift. Be certain you choose Our Lady of the Mount in Lookout Mountain when making an … Continue reading
Our Lady of the Mount will have Stations of the Cross every other Friday during Lent starting at 6:00 P.M. (not 7:00 as previously announced). The remaining dates for Stations at OLMCC are March 12 and March 26. Stations of the Cross will be held at SKD every Friday during Lent at 5:00 P.M. to coincide with the Knights of Columbus Lenten fish dinners. Fr. Mark will lead Stations at SKD on March 5 and March 19. The other Fridays, SKD parishioners will lead Stations of the Cross.
Filmed on location in the Holy Land, Mary: A Biblical Walk with the Blessed Mother will place you in the midst of the powerful drama of Mary’s earthly life, taking you through her joys and her sorrows. You will learn how she works in our lives today, drawing us ever closer to her divine Son. Mary will become a part of your daily life and help you to become more like Christ. Join us for Mary: A Biblical Walk with the Blessed Mother in the Youth Room beginning Wednesday, February 17 at 9:30am. Sign up sheet is in the narthex. For more information call … Continue reading
We are excited to announce a new ministry initiative for Our Lady of the Mount and St. Katharine Drexel. The “Hot Meals” ministry has as its basic “mission statement” the words found in Matthew 25:35, “For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, a stranger and you welcomed me.” Here are two ways you can participate: 1. Hot meal preparation in Fr. Shuler Hall kitchen on most Mondays from 2:00 p.m. until 4:30 p.m. (starting February 15, 2021). Please signup to volunteer HERE. If the schedule needs to change for any reason, SignUpGenius will … Continue reading
Lent is an important season in the Church’s liturgical year — it is the time when we take stock of where we are in our faith so as to prepare for the death and resurrection of our Savior. Often, we lose sight of the point of this season because we get caught up in ourselves: how hard it is to fast, how we fail at fasting, and just waiting for the season to be over at Easter. Because of this we often arrive at Easter with our lives no more changed than they were on Ash Wednesday. This Lent our … Continue reading