- Thursday of the Sixth Week in Ordinary Time February 21, 2019Reading 1 Gn 9:1-13 God blessed Noah and his sons and said to them:“Be fertile and multiply and fill the earth.Dread fear of you shall come upon all the animals of the earthand all the birds of the air,upon all the creatures that move about on the groundand all the fishes of the sea;into your […]
- Thursday of the Sixth Week in Ordinary Time February 21, 2019
- Cesareo urges greater role for laity in church’s response to abuse February 21, 2019WASHINGTON (CNS) — Laypeople must be involved in a “more meaningful and influential role” to help Catholic bishops create “an environment of safety within the church,” the chairman of the National Review Board said in an opinion piece published by The Boston Globe. Writing Feb. 19, two days before Pope Francis convened an unprecedented four-day […]Catholic News Service
- Cesareo urges greater role for laity in church’s response to abuse February 21, 2019
- Sunday Gospel Dec. 24, 2017 December 20, 2017(Vatican Radio) In this week's edition of There's More in the Gospel Than Meets the Eye, Jill Bevilacqua and Seàn-Patrick Lovett bring us readings and reflections for the Fourth Sunday of Advent. Listen: Gospel - Lk 1:26 - 38 The angel Gabriel was sent from God to a town of Galilee called Nazareth, to a […]
- Sunday Gospel Dec. 24, 2017 December 20, 2017
Please join us for our Winter Women’s Social, Thursday, February 21st at 6:30p.m. at the home of Emily Brown, 119 Mitchell Drive. Bring an appetizer, dessert or a bottle of wine and enjoy the added feature of hearing Corinne Hennen speak about Lent. We encourage you to reach out to the ladies in the parish that have not attended one of our socials before. Please RSVP here.
The 37th annual Catholic Charites dinner will be held on Thursday, March 28 at the Chattanooga Convention Center (1150 Carter St.). This popular annual event brings together more than 400 guests from the Chattanooga community for an evening of fun and fellowship. Proceeds from the event benefit Catholic Charities of East Tennessee. Cocktail reception begins at 5:30 p.m. Dinner at 6:30 p.m. For tickets and more information about the event visit this link.
On MONDAY, January 14th at 9:00AM, there will be a tour of the school with explanations of all the possible volunteer opportunities (tutoring, Adopt A Teacher, Mobile Pantry, mentoring, State of our Girls and Boys, Teacher Appreciation, etc..). Please try to attend this tour. We can really make a difference for the children and families at Orchard Knob Middle School. We will meet at 9:00AM in the front lobby of the school. Please be on time. There is plenty of parking in the rear of the school
Please join us in the chapel on Tues-days for Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament from 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. Come and spend a few quiet moments with Jesus. Feel free to come for as long or as little amount of time as you would like. Come and be refreshed! If you are interested in being a Guardian please contact Karan Stockett at email@example.com.
If you or a loved one has been hurt or abused by a member of the clergy, an employee, or volunteer of the Archdiocese of Atlanta, we are here to listen and take action. Please contact our Office of Child and Youth Protection during business hours at 404-920-7550 or our Archdiocesan 24-hour Abuse Reporting line at 1-888-437-0764. The silence must be broken for the healing to begin.