The Catholic Home Missions Appeal will take place next week. One way that this appeal works to strengthen home mission dioceses in the United States is by funding seminarian formation in poor dioceses. The blessing of seminarians places a financial burden on these dioceses, where educating each seminarian can cost $35,000-40,000 per year. Your support is needed for these young men so they might go back and serve their parishes. Please strengthen the Church at home by making a generous gift to next week’s appeal.
- Fourth Sunday of Easter April 22, 2018Reading 1 Acts 4:8-12 Peter, filled with the Holy Spirit, said:"Leaders of the people and elders:If we are being examined todayabout a good deed done to a cripple,namely, by what means he was saved,then all of you and all the people of Israel should knowthat it was in the name of Jesus Christ the Nazoreanwhom […]
- Fourth Sunday of Easter April 22, 2018
- A painful history strengthens bond of church in the U.S. and El Salvador April 21, 2018WASHINGTON (CNS) — In the halls of Congress, they stood side by side, a prominent archbishop from the U.S. with a delegation of four high-ranking Salvadoran prelates in tow, including the first cardinal in the country’s history. They were there speaking to U.S. lawmakers, as Miami Archbishop Thomas G. Wenski emphatically put it, “with the […]Catholic News Service
- A painful history strengthens bond of church in the U.S. and El Salvador April 21, 2018
- Sunday Gospel Dec. 24, 2017 December 20, 2017(Vatican Radio) In this week's edition of There's More in the Gospel Than Meets the Eye, Jill Bevilacqua and Seàn-Patrick Lovett bring us readings and reflections for the Fourth Sunday of Advent. Listen: Gospel - Lk 1:26 - 38 The angel Gabriel was sent from God to a town of Galilee called Nazareth, to a […]
- Sunday Gospel Dec. 24, 2017 December 20, 2017