- Memorial of Saints John de Brébeuf and Isaac Jogues, Priests, and Companions, Martyrs October 19, 2017Reading 1 Rom 3:21-30Brothers and sisters:Now the righteousness of God has been manifested apart from the law,though testified to by the law and the prophets,the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christfor all who believe.For there is no distinction;all have sinned and are deprived of the glory of God.They are justified freely by his […]
- Memorial of Saints John de Brébeuf and Isaac Jogues, Priests, and Companions, Martyrs October 19, 2017
- American Catholic Radio for October 23-29, 2017 October 19, 2017American Catholic Radio: Journey With Christ–Faith, Worship, Witness Week of October 23, 2017 — Program #17-44 Saint of the Week Blessed with many talents, this Jesuit priest was one of the most important figures of the Counter- Reformation in 16th-century Germany. Called to Witness Judy Zarick speaks with actor Chris Kramer about his devotion to the […]John Feister
- American Catholic Radio for October 23-29, 2017 October 19, 2017
- Pope addresses “Religions for Peace” delegation October 18, 2017(Vatican Radio) “Religions, with their spiritual and moral resources, have a specific and unique role to play in building peace,” Pope Francis said on Wednesday. “They cannot be neutral, much less ambiguous, where peace is concerned,” he told a delegation of 80 members of “Religions for Peace”, who met him in the Vatican. Religions for […]
- Pope addresses “Religions for Peace” delegation October 18, 2017
The Catholic Charities Annual Bake Sale will be at our church on November 11th and 12th. You can support Catholic Charities outreach endeavors by volunteering to bake yummy baked goods. Contact our parish coordinator, Rhonda Brown at 423-315-0533, to volunteer or follow this link to sign up. Thank you for supporting this wonderful cause.
Next week’s second collection is a combination of three second collections: World Missions, the Church in Latin America, and the Church in Central and Eastern Europe. United with the Catholics of the world at the table of the Lord, we recommit ourselves to our vocation, through Baptism, to be missionaries. Our prayers and Eucharistic celebration next Sunday are directed in a special way toward our brothers and sisters through-out the world who are waiting to hear the joyous “Good News” of Jesus. Our offerings will support the work and witness of those who selflessly give up all for the sake … Continue reading
We wish to extend our sincerest thanks to everyone for supporting our youth last weekend in their effort to contribute to our capital campaign, To Gather & Grow. With your help the youth collected $900 at their pumpkin sale. They are very much looking forward to their new dedicated space in the planned addition. Please see the schematic boards in the narthex to view the floor plans.
The Catholic Charities Annual Bake Sale will be at our church on November 11th and 12th. You can support Catholic Charities outreach endeavors by volunteering to bake yummy baked goods. Contact our parish coordinator, Rhonda Brown at 423-315-0533, to volunteer. Thank you for supporting this wonderful cause.
Please save the date for our annual Oktoberfest celebration. This year’s event will feature an Oompah band, German food, petting zoo, pony rides, and face painting. Adults $10 – Kids $5 – Family Max – $30 Cash, checks, and credit will be accepted at the door. Kindly RSVP by October 23rd here or by calling 706-820-0680.
August through May, the Orchard Knob Middle School (OKMS) distributes 50 food boxes to 50 families that are in need of additional food items to get through the month. The boxes are mostly filled by contributions made by TVA. The school has asked our parish to supplement the food boxes with one large jug of nutritional fruit juice. We are looking for two volunteers each month to purchase the juice (costing anywhere between $175 to $200) and deliver to the Middle School the day before the date of distribution. Juice should be delivered during school hours. Ideally, we will have … Continue reading
After months of work on the plans for the new parish hall, the time has come to move forward with the fundraising phase of the project. Please join us the weekend of October 14th & 15th for a special message from Father Tom. Pick up your family’s information packet which includes exciting details about the new buildings and learn how your family can participate in this important project for our parish. A brunch will be held Sunday, October 15th and will begin promptly after Mass in Cavanaugh Hall. Fellowship, food and fun for the entire family! Please RSVP here or … Continue reading