Our parish Centering Prayer group continues to meet and pray together on Monday evenings from 6:30-7:30 p.m. in the church basement. We are finishing reading Open Mind Open Heart by Thomas Keating and will soon start Into the Silent Land by Thomas Laird. Because Christmas and New Year’s Day fall on a Monday we will not meet on those days but will resume on January 8th. All are welcome. Please contact Susan Brace with questions at (423) 681-8284 or email@example.com.
- Saturday of the Second Week in Ordinary Time January 20, 2018Reading 1 2 Sm 1:1-4, 11-12, 19, 23-27 David returned from his defeat of the Amalekites and spent two days in Ziklag.On the third day a man came from Saul's camp, with his clothes torn and dirt on his head.Going to David, he fell to the ground in homage.David asked him, "Where do you come […]
- Saturday of the Second Week in Ordinary Time January 20, 2018
- Sharing the Word for January 20, 2018 January 20, 2018Saturday of the Second Week in Ordinary Time January 20, 2018 Daily Reading from the USCCB: Mark 3:20-21 In today’s reading, as Jesus comes down the mountain after choosing His apostles, the inevitable crowd pushes into Jesus’ house. It makes such a fuss that Jesus and His companions couldn’t even get something to eat. What […]Archbishop Emeritus Daniel E. Pilarczyk
- Sharing the Word for January 20, 2018 January 20, 2018
- Sunday Gospel Dec. 24, 2017 December 20, 2017(Vatican Radio) In this week's edition of There's More in the Gospel Than Meets the Eye, Jill Bevilacqua and Seàn-Patrick Lovett bring us readings and reflections for the Fourth Sunday of Advent. Listen: Gospel - Lk 1:26 - 38 The angel Gabriel was sent from God to a town of Galilee called Nazareth, to a […]
- Sunday Gospel Dec. 24, 2017 December 20, 2017