The 35th Annual Catholic Charities Dinner to be held on March 15,, 2018 at The Chattanooga Convention Center. This popular annual event brings together more than 300 of the region’s most passionate and dedicated members of our community for an evening of fun, fellowship and inspiration. Proceeds from this event support the Chattanooga programs of Catholic Charities of East Tennessee. The evening includes a cocktail reception beginning at 5:30 p.m., dinner at 6:30 p.m., and an opportunity to recognize the Pope Francis Service to the Poor Award recipients. For more information, contact Betty Anne at 423.826.0668 or email@example.com.
- Wednesday of the First Week in Lent February 21, 2018Reading 1 Jon 3:1-10 The word of the LORD came to Jonah a second time:"Set out for the great city of Nineveh,and announce to it the message that I will tell you."So Jonah made ready and went to Nineveh,according to the LORD's bidding.Now Nineveh was an enormously large city;it took three days to go through […]
- Wednesday of the First Week in Lent February 21, 2018
- Pope reassures foster kids that life events can make adults ‘fragile’ February 20, 2018VATICAN CITY (CNS) — When people are unable to love or accept a child with problems or illness, many times it’s because they are too weak themselves to be able to bear someone else’s vulnerabilities, Pope Francis told a group of children and young people who are wards of the state. “If I have a […]Catholic News Service
- Pope reassures foster kids that life events can make adults ‘fragile’ February 20, 2018
- Sunday Gospel Dec. 24, 2017 December 20, 2017(Vatican Radio) In this week's edition of There's More in the Gospel Than Meets the Eye, Jill Bevilacqua and Seàn-Patrick Lovett bring us readings and reflections for the Fourth Sunday of Advent. Listen: Gospel - Lk 1:26 - 38 The angel Gabriel was sent from God to a town of Galilee called Nazareth, to a […]
- Sunday Gospel Dec. 24, 2017 December 20, 2017