Currently, the Archdiocese of Atlanta’s policy regarding COVID 19 is that those who are unvaccinated must wear a mask inside of church buildings at all times. The archdiocese also “encourages everyone to receive a COVID-19 vaccine unless they have a medical reason not to do so.” This is the latest instruction from the chancery (archdiocesan office) in Smyrna, Georgia. Our Lady of the Mount and St. Katharine Drexel will continue to provide masks for the unvaccinated at all liturgies and other indoor parish events.
- Twenty-sixth Sunday in Ordinary Time September 26, 2021Reading I Nm 11:25-29 The LORD came down in the cloud and spoke to Moses. Taking some of the spirit that was on Moses, the LORD bestowed it on the seventy elders; and as the spirit came to rest on them, they prophesied. Now two men, one named Eldad and the other Medad, were not […]USCCB
- Twenty-sixth Sunday in Ordinary Time September 26, 2021
- Saint of the Day (July 17, 2010) - St. Francis Solano July 18, 2010'It is true, I am going to heaven but this is so because of the merits of the passion and death of Christ; I am the greatest of sinners. When I reach our homeland, I will be your good friend' July 17, 2010 St. Francis Solano (1549-1610) Francis came from a leading family in Andalusia, […]Saint of the Day
- Saint of the Day (July 17, 2010) - St. Francis Solano July 18, 2010
- Cardinal Parolin to UN General Assembly: Peace is built on fraternity September 26, 2021Cardinal Secretary of State Pietro Parolin sends a video message to the UN General Assembly, and touches on topics ranging from the pandemic, the upcoming COP26 in Glasgow, and war and nuclear disarmament.
- A Vocations festival in Mauritius. September 25, 2021The Diocese of Port-Louis, in Mauritius, is celebrating the 39th Festival of Vocations.
- Canadian Bishops apologize for ‘grave abuses’ at residential schools September 25, 2021The Catholic Bishops of Canada join their voices in issuing a formal statement of apology to indigenous communities who suffered in “Indian Residential Schools”, with Bishop Poisson emphasizing the importance of an upcoming meeting of First Nations peoples with Pope Francis.
- Cardinal Parolin to UN General Assembly: Peace is built on fraternity September 26, 2021