Next week our special collection will support the Catholic Campaign for Human Development. Forty million people in the United States live in poverty. This collection supports programs that empower people to identify and address the obstacles they face as they work to bring permanent and positive change to their communities. Learn more about the Catholic Campaign for Human Development at www.usccb.org/cchd/collection.
- Memorial of Saint Andrew Dung-Lac, Priest, and Companions, Martyrs November 24, 2020Readings for the Memorial of Saint Andrew Dũng-Lạc, Priest, and Companions, Martyrs Reading 1 RV 14:14-19 I, John, looked and there was a white cloud, and sitting on the cloud one who looked like a son of man, with a gold crown on his head and a sharp sickle in his hand. Another angel came […]USCCB
- Memorial of Saint Andrew Dung-Lac, Priest, and Companions, Martyrs November 24, 2020
- Saint of the Day (July 17, 2010) - St. Francis Solano July 18, 2010'It is true, I am going to heaven but this is so because of the merits of the passion and death of Christ; I am the greatest of sinners. When I reach our homeland, I will be your good friend' July 17, 2010 St. Francis Solano (1549-1610) Francis came from a leading family in Andalusia, […]Saint of the Day
- Saint of the Day (July 17, 2010) - St. Francis Solano July 18, 2010
- Pope Benedict XVI's former butler, Paolo Gabriele, dies aged 54 November 24, 2020Paolo Gabriele died on Tuesday after a long illness, leaving behind a wife and three children.
- WMO alarmed over record CO2 levels in atmosphere November 24, 2020The United Nations agency says that concentrations of carbon dioxide (CO2) in the atmosphere reached a record level last year. The situation continues to worsen this year despite the industrial slowdown because of the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Chilean Archbishop denounces shooting of two minors in foster home November 24, 2020Following the injuring of two minors in a police-involved shooting at a foster home in Chile, the Archbishop of Concepción highlights some of the social, moral and political challenges facing the South American nation.
- Pope Benedict XVI's former butler, Paolo Gabriele, dies aged 54 November 24, 2020