We are excited to announce a new ministry initiative for Our Lady of the Mount and St. Katharine Drexel. The “Hot Meals” ministry has as its basic “mission statement” the words found in Matthew 25:35, “For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, a stranger and you welcomed me.” Here are two ways you can participate: 1. Hot meal preparation in Fr. Shuler Hall kitchen on most Mondays from 2:00 p.m. until 4:30 p.m. (starting February 15, 2021). Please signup to volunteer HERE. If the schedule needs to change for any reason, SignUpGenius will … Continue reading
- Tuesday of the Eleventh Week in Ordinary Time June 15, 2021Reading I 2 Cor 8:1-9 We want you to know, brothers and sisters, of the grace of God that has been given to the churches of Macedonia, for in a severe test of affliction, the abundance of their joy and their profound poverty overflowed in a wealth of generosity on their part. For according to […]USCCB
- Tuesday of the Eleventh Week in Ordinary Time June 15, 2021
- Saint of the Day (July 17, 2010) - St. Francis Solano July 18, 2010'It is true, I am going to heaven but this is so because of the merits of the passion and death of Christ; I am the greatest of sinners. When I reach our homeland, I will be your good friend' July 17, 2010 St. Francis Solano (1549-1610) Francis came from a leading family in Andalusia, […]Saint of the Day
- Saint of the Day (July 17, 2010) - St. Francis Solano July 18, 2010
- Pontifical Academy for life on disability and friendship June 15, 2021In this latest document, the Pontifical Academy for Life reflects on the experiences of people with disabilities during the pandemic, and highlights the importance of providing disabled persons with special attention and support.
- Covid-19: British Prime Minister delays lifting of restrictions June 15, 2021British Prime Minister Boris Johnson has delayed by four weeks the planned lifting of most remaining Covid-19 restrictions in England, with the new date now set for July 19th. Johnson said if the government were to lift restrictions on June 21st as first planned, there could be thousands more deaths owing to the rapid spread […]
- Caritas: 'Share the Journey' campaign ends but journey continues June 15, 2021Caritas Internationalis announces the end of its “Share the journey” campaign of solidarity with migrants and refugees with a press conference on Tuesday. The organization however promises that though the campaign formally ends, the mission of journeying with migrants, refugees and internally displaced persons still continues.
- Pontifical Academy for life on disability and friendship June 15, 2021