Our parish Centering Prayer group continues to meet and pray together on Monday evenings from 6:30-7:30 p.m. in the church basement. We are finishing reading Open Mind Open Heart by Thomas Keating and will soon start Into the Silent Land by Thomas Laird. Because Christmas and New Year’s Day fall on a Monday we will not meet on those days but will resume on January 8th. All are welcome. Please contact Susan Brace with questions at (423) 681-8284 or email@example.com.
- Wednesday of the First Week in Lent February 21, 2018Reading 1 Jon 3:1-10 The word of the LORD came to Jonah a second time:"Set out for the great city of Nineveh,and announce to it the message that I will tell you."So Jonah made ready and went to Nineveh,according to the LORD's bidding.Now Nineveh was an enormously large city;it took three days to go through […]
- Wednesday of the First Week in Lent February 21, 2018
- Pope reassures foster kids that life events can make adults ‘fragile’ February 20, 2018VATICAN CITY (CNS) — When people are unable to love or accept a child with problems or illness, many times it’s because they are too weak themselves to be able to bear someone else’s vulnerabilities, Pope Francis told a group of children and young people who are wards of the state. “If I have a […]Catholic News Service
- Pope reassures foster kids that life events can make adults ‘fragile’ February 20, 2018
- Sunday Gospel Dec. 24, 2017 December 20, 2017(Vatican Radio) In this week's edition of There's More in the Gospel Than Meets the Eye, Jill Bevilacqua and Seàn-Patrick Lovett bring us readings and reflections for the Fourth Sunday of Advent. Listen: Gospel - Lk 1:26 - 38 The angel Gabriel was sent from God to a town of Galilee called Nazareth, to a […]
- Sunday Gospel Dec. 24, 2017 December 20, 2017