- Monday of the Eleventh Week in Ordinary Time June 14, 2021Reading I 2 Cor 6:1-10 Brothers and sisters: As your fellow workers, we appeal to you not to receive the grace of God in vain. For he says: In an acceptable time I heard you, and on the day of salvation I helped you. Behold, now is a very acceptable time; behold, […]USCCB
- Monday of the Eleventh Week in Ordinary Time June 14, 2021
- Saint of the Day (July 17, 2010) - St. Francis Solano July 18, 2010'It is true, I am going to heaven but this is so because of the merits of the passion and death of Christ; I am the greatest of sinners. When I reach our homeland, I will be your good friend' July 17, 2010 St. Francis Solano (1549-1610) Francis came from a leading family in Andalusia, […]Saint of the Day
- Saint of the Day (July 17, 2010) - St. Francis Solano July 18, 2010
- Children at risk in Tigray, says UN June 14, 2021The UN has said thousands of children are at risk of dying from famine in Ethiopia's northern Tigray region. The warning comes as Pope Francis aks for prayers for the cessation of violence in the region, that "food and health care may be guaranteed to all, and that social harmony may be restored as soon […]
- Nicaragua: political crisis deepens ahead of elections June 14, 2021Nicaraguan police arrested and jailed five prominent opponents of President Daniel Ortega over the weekend. Amonst those arrested there are one-one-time rebel allies who are denouncing the President’s intentions to extend his mandate as an assault on democracy.
- A Vatican office rallies the strength of the laity June 14, 2021The Holy See's Dicasteries recounted from the inside: history, goals and mission - a look at how the offices work that support the Pope's ministry. The prefect of the Dicastery for the Laity, Family and Life, Cardinal Kevin Joseph Farrell, describes the work of his office in this interview.
- Children at risk in Tigray, says UN June 14, 2021
Thank you for your generous contributions to the parish food pantry. We have made significant donations thus far to the “Blessings Box” at the public library in Trenton. I stop by there often on Wednesday afternoons and make a donation on behalf of all of you. Your donations have also been a great help to people living in the tent communities in Chattanooga, whom we are assisting through the Hot Meals ministry. Hot Meals ministry is now in the process of establishing a relationship with two major local grocery stores willing to allow us to have some of their excess … Continue reading