- Thanksgiving Day November 23, 2017Reading 1 Sir 50:22-24 And now, bless the God of all,who has done wondrous things on earth;Who fosters people's growth from their mother's womb,and fashions them according to his will!May he grant you joy of heartand may peace abide among you;May his goodness toward us endure in Israelto deliver us in our days. Responsorial Psalm […]
- Thanksgiving Day November 23, 2017
- Teens, adults forsake comfort to experience way of life for homeless November 23, 2017ALEXANDRIA, Va. (CNS) — Though rain and high winds forced most of the 40 students and adults inside during the fifth annual “Homeless for a Night” campout at Good Shepherd Church in Alexandria Nov. 18, it brought greater awareness to the problem of homelessness. Cardboard boxes, tarps, sleeping bags and extra layers of clothing — […]Catholic News Service
- Teens, adults forsake comfort to experience way of life for homeless November 23, 2017
- Pope Francis: a prayer for peace throughout the world November 23, 2017(Vatican Radio) Pope Francis led a prayer service in St Peter’s Basilica on Thursday evening, for the intention of peace in the world – and especially for peace in South Sudan and the Democratic Republic of Congo. Organized by “Solidarity with South Sudan” in association with the Justice and Peace office of religious organizations worldwide, […]
- Pope Francis: a prayer for peace throughout the world November 23, 2017
This weekend’s collection for the Catholic Campaign for Human Development (CCHD) needs your help. CCHD was founded to break the cycle of poverty in the United States by funding organizations that help individuals help themselves. With the tradition of improving education, housing situations, and community economic development, CCHD continues to make a positive impact in communities nationwide. Your contribution will defend human dignity and reach out to those living on the margins. Please give to the CCHD Collection.
The Lookout Mountain Community Thanksgiving Service will be held on Wednesday, November 22nd at 7:00 p.m. at Church of the First Born, 3418 St. Elmo Ave. Everyone is invited to attend this wonderful opportunity to gather with other congregations to thank God for all that He has provided. A offering will be collected to support Widow’s Harvest.
The OLMCC Men’s Club invites you to a catered dinner, Wednesday, November 29th, featuring legendary University of Georgia coach Vince Dooley. Coach Dooley remains one of the most widely respected coaches and athletic directors in the country. Many consider his years at UGA to be among the best and most famous of all time. All are welcome. However, we do anticipate this event to sell out so Please RSVP here or via signup sheets in the narthex as this event opens to the community on 11/21. Social time begins at 7:00 p.m. in the parish hall with dinner served at … Continue reading
We hope each household has now received their campaign information packet either following Mass or by mail. If you have not received a packet please contact the office and we will gladly have one sent to you, 706-820-0680. Please submit your pledge cards by mail or in the collection basket by November 17th.
August through May, the Orchard Knob Middle School (OKMS) distributes 50 food boxes to 50 families that are in need of additional food items to get through the month. The boxes are mostly filled by contributions made by TVA. The school has asked our parish to supplement the food boxes with one large jug of nutritional fruit juice. We are looking for two volunteers each month to purchase the juice (costing anywhere between $175 to $200) and deliver to the Middle School the day before the date of distribution. Juice should be delivered during school hours. Ideally, we will have … Continue reading
Welcome to Our Lady of the Mount! I’m happy that you’re checking our website and hope you find the information you need. If not, please call the parish office (706 820 0680). Our Lady of the Mount is a rather small, but welcoming Catholic community situated on the very top of Lookout Mountain near Chattanooga, Tennessee, one of the most beautiful places in the South. While the parish is physically located in the Georgia part of the Mountain (Archdiocese of Atlanta) our parishioners live and work in both Tennessee and Georgia. Throughout the year we welcome visitors from across the … Continue reading