- Tuesday in the Octave of Easter April 23, 2019Reading 1 Acts 2:36-41 On the day of Pentecost, Peter said to the Jewish people,“Let the whole house of Israel know for certainthat God has made him both Lord and Christ,this Jesus whom you crucified.”Now when they heard this, they were cut to the heart,and they asked Peter and the other Apostles,“What are we to […]
- Tuesday in the Octave of Easter April 23, 2019
- Church, agency, union leaders on fact-finding trip to Central America April 23, 2019NEW YORK (CNS) — A delegation that includes the head of Catholic Charities of the New York Archdiocese, union leaders, state officials and representatives of humanitarian aid agencies are visiting the three Central American nations that now face a cutoff of U.S. aid ordered by President Donald Trump. During the April 22-26 fact-finding trip, the […]Catholic News Service
- Church, agency, union leaders on fact-finding trip to Central America April 23, 2019
- Sunday Gospel Dec. 24, 2017 December 20, 2017(Vatican Radio) In this week's edition of There's More in the Gospel Than Meets the Eye, Jill Bevilacqua and Seàn-Patrick Lovett bring us readings and reflections for the Fourth Sunday of Advent. Listen: Gospel - Lk 1:26 - 38 The angel Gabriel was sent from God to a town of Galilee called Nazareth, to a […]
- Sunday Gospel Dec. 24, 2017 December 20, 2017
Thursday, April 18th 7:00 p.m. Mass of the Lord’s Supper OLMCC Friday, April 19th 7:00 p.m. Celebration of the Passion of the Lord OLMCC Saturday, April 20th 8:00 p.m. Easter Vigil OLMCC Easter Sunday, April 21st 9:00 a.m. The Resurrection of the Lord OLMCC 11:30 a.m. The Resurrection of the Lord SKD
Calling all Ladies! If you missed our last gathering in February, you don’t want to miss this one! We will be gathering at Rhonda Brown’s home, 1217 Fort Stephenson Oval , at 6:30pm on May 2nd for a joyful Easter celebration. Corinne Hennen will be joining us again for follow up with our Lenten prayer partner. Please RSVP HERE or by using the signup sheets in the narthex. Hope to see you there!
All parishioners and families are asked to mark their calendars for the Wednesday evenings of June 5th, July 10th, & August 7th. The Men’s Club will be hosting these fun events at Brow Lake clubhouse and pool. This will be a wonderful opportunity for parishioners and families to enjoy fellowship throughout the summer months. More details will follow. For more information please contact Nick Wilkinson, email@example.com.
It’s almost that time again! We will have our first garden planting/ clean-up Tuesday, April 30thfrom 5:30 p.m.-7:00 p.m. Family and friends are welcome! Remember to bring your favorite garden tools including gloves, clippers, weed eaters and blowers. Please mark your calendars for the remaining dates as well: May 28th, June 25th, June 26th, July 23rd, August 27th, and September 24th. For more information please contact Nini Davenport,firstname.lastname@example.org or Sissy Tarumianz, email@example.com.
How Mass can become a time of grace, nourishment and devotion. Free copies of this wonderful, entertaining, and informative book are available in both narthexes free of charge. What is the “sacramental principle?” How can you make the sign of the cross a spiritual moment? How can you make the Eucharist meaningful? This book deals with these and many other issues every Catholic needs to know. Quantities are very limited. Pick up a copy for your family this weekend in the narthex.
Many people have been asking about how to keep up with the latest developments in the Church regarding the sex abuse crisis. There are literally hundreds of news sources, many of them quite legitimate, many, if not most, very unreliable. One good internet source is the free website called Crux, cruxnow.com. It’s published by the Knights of Columbus and is transparent, fair, responsible and accurate. It is highly recommended. In the March 28th edition, there’s an article featuring Fr. Hans Zollner, S.J. who heads of the Vatican’s abuse office, which provides insight into the results of the recent Vatican abuse “summit.” … Continue reading