- Memorial of Saint Francis of Assisi October 4, 2023Readings for the Memorial of Saint Francis of Assisi, religious Reading 1 Neh 2:1-8 In the month Nisan of the twentieth year of King Artaxerxes,when the wine was in my charge,I took some and offered it to the king.As I had never before been sad in his presence,the king asked me, "Why do you look […]USCCB
- Memorial of Saint Francis of Assisi October 4, 2023
- “Multilateralism from below” to combat climate change and more October 4, 2023In Pope Francis’ new Exhortation, he highlights the importance of global authorities capable of enforcing commitments, as well as the need for participation on the part of all. Read all
- “Laudate Deum”: the Pope’s cry for a response to the climate crisis October 4, 2023Pope Francis has published an Apostolic Exhortation building on his 2015 encyclical. We’re not reacting enough, he says, we’re close to breaking point. He criticises climate change deniers, saying that the human origin of global warming is now beyond doubt. And he describes how care for our common home flows from the Christian faith. Read […]
- In Cabo Verde, the Franciscan month of October is lived with great joy. October 4, 2023In most communities on the Cabo Verdean islands of Santo Antão, São Vicente, São Nicolau, Santiago, Fogo and Brava, where the Franciscan Capuchins have a strong presence, the Franciscan spirit in October is joyfully commemorated. Read all
- “Multilateralism from below” to combat climate change and more October 4, 2023
As we approach summer and begin traveling, please remember we depend on your continued support. Please consider taking advantage of Online Giving. It is a safe and simple way to make contributions weekly, monthly, quarterly, or annually using your checking account or credit card. Visit HERE to enroll today. You may also contact the church office if you need with enrollment or have questions.
Hot Meals Ministry is looking for a few more people to help out as we enter the summer months. We are asking for help from both Our Lady of the Mount and Saint Katherine Drexel parishioners. Please consider signing up for a slot anytime from 1:00 P.M. – 3:30 P.M. on Mondays, or you can show up at Shuler Hall to see what it’s all about and assist as needed. Thanks to your generous support both physically and financially; this ministry has been consistently providing a “home-cooked” meal to area tent community residents every Monday for the past 15 months. … Continue reading
Mass is celebrated every Saturday at 8:30 a.m. in Our Lady of the Rosary Chapel followed by Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament from 9:00 a.m. until Benediction at 3:00 p.m. I have decided against having guardians responsible for specific time slots, however, it is my hope that many of you will feel called to be present at a certain time, at least on most Saturdays, for half an hour, or an hour, so that there will usually be someone in the chapel during the six hours of Exposition. When I was a seminarian in New Orleans (2009-2015), I received many … Continue reading
Our non-perishable food donations box is now located in the side narthex in the blue container. Your donations help to keep the OLMCC food pantry stocked, enabling our parish to support Chattanooga area tent communities, anyone in need, and Dade County blessings boxes.We also accept financial donations to help support Hot Meals Ministry. Just write “Hot Meals” on the memo line if donating by check.
If you or a loved one has been hurt or abused by a member of the clergy, an employee, or volunteer of the Archdiocese of Atlanta, we are here to listen and take action. Please contact our Office of Child and Youth Protection during business hours at 404-920-7550 or our Archdiocesan 24-hour Abuse Reporting line at 1-888-437-0764. The silence must be broken for the healing to begin.